– It was something like minus -37 degrees a few nights ago, but instead of complaining I’ll just say that Cory and I had a lot of fun sword fighting with icicles.
– Three family members bestowed us with Zingerman’s gift cards for Christmas. I’m thankful to have people in my life who understand that we are too snobby for Applebee’s. This week’s trip included acquiring a cinnamon bun larger than my face.
– My creepy mousepad from BENWINEWIN makes me absurdly happy. I swear, one part of my brain is swimming around in pastels and pretty things and the other part is obsessed with skulls.
– I haven’t been big on New Year’s resolutions in the past, but I sure have a lot of them this year. Now that I’ve ventured into the scary world of self-employment, I’ve set an awful lot of goals for myself. I haven’t been on top of blogging as I’d like to be, but that’s OK because I have new a best friend and her name is Lynda.com.
– Armed with a lovely new cookbook, I’ll be sharing some Turkish recipes in the coming weeks. Until then, here’s what I’ve been reading on the web:
// Why Women Aren’t Welcome on the Internet – I grew up on the internet. It’s where discovered a world outside of my hometown, made countless friends, and met the man who became my husband. I’ve been sharing parts of my life online for almost 20 years, from the days of Geocities and g*URLpages (shout out to anyone who remembers that) to this blog. I’m sadly all too familiar with the experiences the women in this piece had.
// My friend Coco recently launched a beauty and makeup blog. I’ve missed her writing so much: “Listen, my face is already slathered in bee venom, snail secretions, and fermented soybeans. If you think something is going to stop me from putting donkey milk all over my hands, you’d have to wait until they’re cold and dead to pry it away from them.”